Pages

Jul 23, 2011

The Boy Mage

The second installment of my illustration project is DONE!

Just a portrait this time.  The next illustration will be more action-oriented.  Still, this picture marks the first time I've managed to paint fire that resembles actual fire, and blood that resembles (somewhat) actual blood.  I realize that, while physically possible, holding his hand in such a way is somewhat painful, but did not realize it quickly enough.  I decided to just let it be...after all, people defy physics all the time in art.  At least I don't draw stick-women with gravity-defying breasts.

My favorite part of this is probably his eyes and the reflection of the fire.:)  I like dramatic lighting, have you noticed that?

You can find the first illustration of this series here.

No comments:

Post a Comment